Thursday, March 3, 2011

Trip to Texas

It was a fast but fun trip to Texas. Early Friday morning we got up and left for the long 12 hours of driving. We had everything all packed in the truck the night before so we could just get up and go. Caleb and Shandraya and I were on the rode by 3:30 and we arrived at our destination at 4:30ish Texas time. It was so much fun seeing and spoiling the grand kids and visiting with Trevor, Brandi, Tiffany and Drew. The girls went shopping for baby girl hair bow stuff and fabric for baby blankets while the guys stayed home at Trevor's and played video games. That little Bentley is sure getting good at the games. He is so intent when he plays.It's fun to watch him dance all over the room with the controller and Nixon can't stand not to have a controller also. Nixon loves doing somersaults and is getting so good at trying to repeat almost everything you say. Cannon just kinda hung out and played in his jumper and has the cutest little laugh when Brandi got him going. Saturday was Tiffany's birthday and she was not happy that the restaurant found out it was her birthday and had her sit on the saddle.But the food was good and the company was great. Monday morning came early and Bentley didn't want to wake up to tell us good bye and Nixon had a hard time also. We had a good trip home and saw some new country because I missed one of the turns and we went down through El Paso. Not any longer of a drive just different. By the time  you make a few gas and food stops and slowing down at all the little towns and road construction  it is about 12 1/2 hours no matter what way you go. Glad to be back home but it was a very enjoyable long weekend. I think next time I will fly.







2 comments:

Tiffany + Drew said...

Glad you could come and visit, even though it was short!

Debbie said...

Looks like so much fun! I will fly with you next time---you just say when. Drew says he told me it was Tiff's birthday, but I forgot. I seriously don't remember him saying anything. Getting OLD!! I feel so bad. Looks like you all had a good celebration. I need a birthday calendar. I now have them all on my phone calendar, so I will never forget again.